The Fullscript Integrative Medical Advisory team adapted the original version of this template developed by VirtualPractices.org to accommodate quick upload into your Fullscript account. By adding this protocol to your Fullscript template library, you understand and accept that the recommendations in the protocol are for initial guidance and may not be appropriate for every patient.
Note: products included in the protocol are the most commonly recommended by ingredient category and can be modified to the practitioner’s preference.
Nutritional and Lifestyle Recommendations
- High fiber/low sugar diet with a focus on plant-based, organic foods
- Emphasis on foods that promote glutathione production (e.g., cruciferous and allium vegetables, citrus fruits, etc)
- Adequate hydration with electrolyte support
- Gentle movement (short walks, stretching, gentle tai chi & yoga)
- Minimum 8 hours – increase as needed
- Seek laughter and joy
- Spend time in the sunshine
Dosing: 12 mg, dailyAstaxanthin in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 500 mg, 2x dailyAstragalus Root in the Fullscript catalog
Citicoline CDP Choline
Dosing: 2000 mg, dailyCiticoline in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 5 mg, taken at bedtimeMelatonin in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 900 mg, 2x dailyNAC in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 1000 mg, 2x dailyQuercetin in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 100 mg, dailyResveratrol in the Fullscript catalog
Standardized Elderberry (Sambucus nigra)
Dosing: 250 mg, 2x dailyElderberry in the Fullscript catalog
Standardized Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)
Dosing: 250 mg, dailyEGCG in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 5,000 IU, 2x dailyVitamin A in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 1500 mg orally, 2x dailyVitamin C in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 5,000 IU, 2x dailyVitamin D3 in the Fullscript catalog
Dosing: 30 mg, 2x daily
Elemental – any salt but not oxide or carnosineZinc in the Fullscript catalog
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.