This protocol has been developed based on existing Standard Process kits.
What will the next 10 days be like?
When you start the 10-day Healthy Inflammation Response Program, you begin a new way of life. You will:
- Follow eating guidelines that focus on whole, unprocessed foods like vegetables, fruits, and lean protein
- Avoid refined carbohydrates, artificial sweeteners, sugar, chemical additives, processed meats, fried foods, caffeine, and soft drinks
- Drink supplement shakes with whole food ingredients
- Take a simple protocol of supplements throughout the day
Before beginning your 10-day program, here are some steps you can take to make the transition easier:
- Evaluate your kitchen: Clear out the foods that are not on your food list. Remove any foods high in refined sugar, fats, and carbohydrates
- Stock your pantry: Go shopping for vegetables, protein, fruit, and other items on your food list. Be prepared with a few days’ worth of meals on hand
- Make simple lifestyle changes:
- Get more sleep.
- Don’t sit for long periods. Take stretching breaks.
- Be more active. Do yoga, take a brisk walk, or enjoy a meditative stroll
Tips for Success
Try the suggestions below to help complement your program and help achieve optimal health benefits.
- Make sure to eat frequently throughout the day to help maintain energy and avoid hunger.
- Eat more vegetables to help increase fiber and antioxidant activity levels
- Add a mixed green salad with your lunch and dinner
- Try different vegetables with a variety of color; each color category provides different nutrients
Water is cleansing! To better determine how much water you need each day, divide your body weight in half. The result is the approximate number of water in ounces you should drink daily.
This total can vary depending on the climate you live in, the environment, your physical activity level, or other factors. The Institute of Medicine determined an adequate daily intake for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total liquid a day. For women the total is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total liquid a day.
The products in the program kit support the organs and glands that help maintain healthy inflammation response. These include supplements made with whole food and other ingredients to help fill nutritional gaps in your diet. Your health care professional has recommended your kit based on the best protein choice for your individual needs.*
SP Complete®, SP Complete® Chocolate, SP Complete® Vanilla (all with whey protein), or SP Complete® Dairy Free (with rice protein)
2 tablespoons per shake of SP Complete® or SP Complete® Dairy Free, two to three times daily or 4 tablespoons per shake of SP Complete® Chocolate or SP Complete® Vanilla twice daily
A convenient powder that offers essential nutrition from whole food ingredient sources with protein, fiber, and calcium to support immune system, intestinal, and muscular health*
5 capsules, three times daily
Combines 20 unique whole food and botanical ingredients designed to support the body’s normal toxin-removal processes*
Turmeric Forte (MediHerb®)
1 tablet, two times daily
Contains a combination of Fenugreek seed dietary fiber and Turmeric rhizome extract which are used traditionally to maintain and support healthy joints*
3 tablets, three times daily
SUpports capillary integrity and function while also helping to support healthy peripheral circulation*
Black Currant Seed Oil
2 perles, three times daily
Supports the body’s normal tissue repair process, normal blood flow, and healthy immune system function*
10-Day Program Food List
Vegetables: Serving size is 1/2 cup. Target is 13-15 servings per day.
Starchy Vegetables: Serving size is 1/2 cup. Limit of three servings per day.
Fruit: Average serving is 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Use only in shakes (three servings per day).
Protein: Average serving is 3 ounces (size of a deck of cards or palm of hand). Two or three servings per day.
Nuts and Seeds: Average serving sizes are 1/4 cup for nuts and 1 tablespoon for seeds. Strive for one to two servings per day in this category.
Miscellaneous: Serving size is 2 teaspoons. Three or four servings per day.
Beverages: Filtered of spring water and herbal (noncaffeinated) teas.
You’ve worked hard to follow a healthy meal plan and take supplements with whole food ingredients. You can continue your journey toward maintaining a well-functioning blood sugar metabolism by following the post-program recommendations.
Post-Program Food Additions
Whole grains: Serving size is 1/2 to 1 cup. Limit of two or three servings per week.
Fruit: Two or three servings per day in shakes or as a snack.
Miscellaneous: Serving size is 1 cup. One or two servings per day.
View full program: 10-Day Healthy Inflammation Patient Guide
The Fullscript Integrative Medical Advisory team has developed or collected these protocols from practitioners and supplier partners to help health care practitioners make decisions when building treatment plans. By adding this protocol to your Fullscript template library, you understand and accept that the recommendations in the protocol are for initial guidance and may not be appropriate for every patient.