This protocol has been developed based on existing Standard Process kits.
What will the next 10 days be like?
When you start the 10-day Blood Sugar Support Program, you begin a new way of life. You will:
- Follow eating guidelines that focus on whole, unprocessed foods like vegetables, fruits, and lean protein
- Avoid refined carbohydrates, artificial sweeteners, sugar, chemical additives, processed meats, fried foods, caffeine, and soft drinks
- Drink supplement shakes with whole food ingredients
- Take a simple protocol of supplements throughout the day
Before beginning your 10-day program, here are some steps you can take to make the transition easier:
- Evaluate your kitchen: Clear out the foods that are not on your food list. Remove any foods high in refined sugar, fats, and carbohydrates
- Stock your pantry: Go shopping for vegetables, protein, fruit, and other items on your food list. Be prepared with a few days’ worth of meals on hand
- Make simple lifestyle changes:
- Get more sleep.
- Don’t sit for long periods. Take stretching breaks.
- Be more active. Do yoga, take a brisk walk, or enjoy a meditative stroll
Tips for Success
Try the suggestions below to help complement your program and help achieve optimal health benefits.
- Make sure to eat frequently throughout the day to help maintain energy and avoid hunger.
- Eat more vegetables to help increase fiber and antioxidant activity levels
- Add a mixed green salad with your lunch and dinner
- Try different vegetables with a variety of color; each color category provides different nutrients
Water is cleansing! To better determine how much water you need each day, divide your body weight in half. The result is the approximate number of water in ounces you should drink daily.
This total can vary depending on the climate you live in, the environment, your physical activity level, or other factors. The Institute of Medicine determined an adequate daily intake for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total liquid a day. For women the total is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total liquid a day.
The products in the program kit support the organs and glands that help maintain healthy blood sugar metabolism. These include supplements made with whole food and other ingredients to help fill nutritional gaps in your diet. Your health care professional has recommended your kit based on the best protein choice for your individual needs.*
SP Complete®, SP Complete® Chocolate, SP Complete® Vanilla (all with whey protein), or SP Complete® Dairy Free (with rice protein)
2 tablespoons per shake of SP Complete® or SP Complete® Dairy Free, two to three times daily or 4 tablespoons per shake of SP Complete® Chocolate or SP Complete® Vanilla twice daily
A convenient powder that offers essential nutrition from whole food ingredient sources with protein, fiber, and calcium to support immune system, intestinal, and muscular health*
5 capsules, three times daily
Combines 20 unique whole food and botanical ingredients designed to support the body’s normal toxin-removal processes*
5 capsules, three times daily
Encourages healthy blood sugar metabolism and supports healthy function of the pancreas when combined with a balanced diet*
2 capsules, twice daily
An herbal product that helps reduce sweet cravings and suppress/inhibit sweet taste sensation*
10-Day Program Food List
Vegetables: Serving size is 1/2 cup. Target is 13-15 servings per day.
Starchy Vegetables: Serving size is 1/2 cup. Limit of one serving per day.
Fruit: Average serving is 1/2 to 3/4 cup. Use only in shakes (three servings per day).
Protein: Average serving is 3 ounces (size of a deck of cards or palm of hand). Two or three servings per day.
Miscellaneous: Serving size is 2 teaspoons. Three or four servings per day.
Beverages: Filtered of spring water and herbal (noncaffeinated) teas.
You’ve worked hard to follow a healthy meal plan and take supplements with whole food ingredients. You can continue your journey toward maintaining a well-functioning blood sugar metabolism by following the post-program recommendations.
Post-Program Food Additions
Whole grains: Serving size is 1/2 to 1 cup. Limit of two or three servings per week.
Fruit: Two or three servings per day in shakes or as a snack.
Miscellaneous: Serving size is 1 cup. One or two servings per day.
View full program: 10-Day-Blood-Sugar-Support-Program-Patient-Guide
DisclaimerView template in-app
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.