1 capsule daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner
Bone booster is for women looking for comprehensive support for the health and maintenance of their bones, cartilage, teeth, and gums. Bone Booster contains essential nutrients for the health of bones, cartilage, teeth, and gums. Bone booster aids in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus to support healthy bones. Over 2 million Canadians are affected by osteoporosis and 1 in 3 women will experience an osteoporotic fracture in their lifetime. Women begin to lose bone mass in their 30’s and see a more significant decline after menopause. Most cases of osteoporosis are preventable with proper nutrient intake and early intervention.
Bone Booster health benefits include:
- Supports healthy bones
- A factor in the maintenance of good health
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones, cartilage, teeth, and gums
- Helps in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorus
- Helps to prevent vitamin D deficiency
- Helps to maintain healthy calcium metabolism
- Helps to prevent vitamin K deficiency
Key features: vegetarian capsule, no GMO’s, wheat, soy, gluten, artificial preservatives, or sweeteners
Take 1 capsule per day with food
Natural eggshell membrane (NEM) aids the production of collagen type II. This type of collagen makes up much of the cartilage that covers the ends of bones providing protection to the weight-bearing joints such as the knees and hips. Cartilage causes our bones to be able to glide smoothly over each other in the joint capsule. Arthritis or joint pain can occur from the gradual loss of cartilage. Maintaining adequate cartilage is the key to eliminating joint pain.
NEM also enhances the production of chondroitin sulfate which is also an important component of cartilage. Chondroitin sulfate makes our tendons, cartilage and ligaments stronger reducing compression of the joint area thereby minimizing pain.
NEM contains glucosamine sulfate which works to manufacture cartilage in the joint. The sulfate is essential for reversing cartilage damage because it stimulates the production of synovial fluid in the joint. Synovial fluid acts like nature’s shock absorber naturally lubricating the joints. NEM also contains hyaluronic acid, a prominent lubricant found in the synovial fluid. NEM is also a natural source of absorbable calcium aiding joint and bone health.
Studies have shown that NEM is a fast-acting, safe, therapeutic option for the treatment of pain and inflexibility associated with joint and connective tissue disorders. Supplementation with 500 mg of NEM once a day significantly reduced pain, both rapidly in seven days and continuously for 30 days with an average 75.8 percent reduction in joint pain and a 44 percent improvement in flexibility. Results are cumulative providing improved joint structure and flexibility the longer you use NEM.
Jointsmart health benefits include:
- Helps to relieve/reduce joint pain associated with osteoarthritis
- Helps to relieve pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee
- Helps to relieve joint pain and stiffness associated with osteoarthritis
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Helps in the absorption and use of calcium and phosphorous
- Helps relieve joint pain in 7-10 days
- Helps to minimize the discomfort due to moderate-intensity aerobic exercise in post-menopausal women
- Helps to improve recovery from joint pain and stiffness due to moderate-intensity aerobic exercise in post-menopausal women
- Natural source of hyaluronic acid, collagen type II, glucosamine, chondroitin, and absorbable calcium
Key features: No GMO’s, wheat, soy, gluten, artificial preservatives, or sweeteners.
Cautions: Do not use if you have an allergy to eggs or egg by-products.
The Fullscript Integrative Medical Advisory team has developed or collected these protocols from practitioners and supplier partners to help health care practitioners make decisions when building treatment plans. By adding this protocol to your Fullscript template library, you understand and accept that the recommendations in the protocol are for initial guidance and may not be appropriate for every patient.
- Health Canada. Bone Booster. NPN 80024487. Accessed May 11, 2021 at: https://health-products.canada.ca/lnhpd-bdpsnh/info.do?licence=80024487
- Health Canada. Jointsmart. NPN 80054316. Accessed May 11, 2021 at: https://health-products.canada.ca/lnhpd-bdpsnh/info.do?licence=80054316