The Fullscript Integrative Medical Advisory team has developed or collected these protocols from practitioners and supplier partners to help health care practitioners make decisions when building treatment plans. By adding this protocol to your Fullscript template library, you understand and accept that the recommendations in the protocol are for initial guidance and may not be appropriate for every patient.
Victoria Albina, FNP-c, MPH is a UCSF-trained Family Nurse Practitioner, Herbalist, Life Coach. She earned her Masters degree in Public Health from Boston University School of Public Health and a BA in Latin American Studies from Oberlin College. Her background in health and wellness expands over 20 years and her passion is in helping women to heal mind, body, and spirit. In addition to managing her own practice and speaking at various wellness events throughout the year, Victoria writes on many wellness topics and hosts a weekly podcast, Feminist Wellness, the only podcast that combines functional medicine, life coaching, and feminism to teach smart women how to reclaim their power and restore their health. To learn more from Victoria, visit her website at https://victoriaalbina.com/
2 softgels per day and as-needed for anxiety or in advance of anxiety-provoking experience, like before a flight, speech or subway ride
- Lavender modulates presynaptic calcium ion channels
- No sedation, interactions or dependency potential
- Promotes relaxation and calms nervousness
I always let folks know to expect a delightful lavender-burp about 30 minutes after taking.
4 capsules per day for the first 14 days, 2 capsules per day after that
- Supports the body’s cytokine and chemotactic response
- Supports antioxidant pathways
- Bioavailable formula
Always take curcumin with fat, like a meal with avocado, meat or coconut – any fat will do!
1 tablet per night about 60 mins before bed, may increase to 2 tablets per night 60 mins before bed
- Supports healthy endocrine response to mental stress
- Has a positive influence on mood and heart rate after an acute stressor
- Balances cortisol to reduce stress
- Quick onset
Cortisol Manager Allergen Free
1 capsule per night about 60 mins before bed, may increase to 2 capsules per night 60 mins before bed
- Free of top eight food allergens for my sensitive patients
- Formulated with the same stress-reducing ingredients as Cortisol Manager
2-4 capsules per night 60 mins before bed
- A powerful blend of L-Theanine, Tumeric, Magnesium, and Magnolia
- Quick onset and promotes relaxation to help the patient stay asleep
Dreams can be super-lucid with this blend – I have yet to have anyone report a nightmare, but rather, really powerful and insightful dreams!
2 capsules in the morning on empty stomach, 2 capsules in the afternoon
- Contains ingredients that support stress hormone balance
- May help reduce mental stress and fatigue
- Improves mood and calms occasional anxiety
- Supports cognitive function
I use this for at least 3 months when HPA balance is an issue, together with stress-reduction like yoga, meditation, and exercise.
2 tablets, two-three times daily
- Supports the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis
This form of magnesium should not cause loosening of stools like other forms – a great option for most patients, and my go-to!
1 capsule per day
- 5 billion CFU blend of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria, a combination that tolerates harsh gastrointestinal environments
These individually blister-packed pearls are not only great for daily use. They’re my travel go-to because they pack so easily!
Buffered Vitamin C
1 capsule per day
- Well-tolerated form of vitamin C
- Beneficial in reducing concentrations of adrenaline and cortisol levels
1 tablet per day with a meal
- Necessary for immune function and cellular growth
- Delicious chocolate flavor
1-2 capsules per day
- Necessary for neurotransmitter synthesis
1 capsule per day
- Important adrenal hormone
- Supports a healthy thyroid function
Remind your patient to only take their B-vitamins in the morning or this could cause some trouble with sleep!
Pure Omega HP
1 softgel per day
- Includes EPA and DHA
- Important for fatty acid and cytokine balance
- No fishy burp back
I have literally never had anyone report fish burps in all the years I’ve been using this, but if someone does, have them store the caps in the freezer.