An alert immune system is ready to properly respond to anything that may be a danger to your health. Our Immune Protocols highlight Metabolic Maintenance® products most helpful in supporting a responsive immune system.
Proper nutrition, a healthful microbiome, and a balanced inflammatory response are important contributors to this process. Our Immune Maintenance Protocol is an everyday protocol to support overall health, digestive wellbeing, and proper immune function.
Our immune system has an immediate response to an immune challenge called the innate immune system. This includes physical barriers like skin and mucosa, reflexes like the sneeze, cells protecting themselves by releasing immune chemicals, and immune cells such as Natural Killer Cells that can respond quickly to immune challenges.
The other pathway of response, our adaptive immune response, takes a little more time but is more specific. It involves T and B lymphocyte cell response and, most importantly, antibody formation to the specific challenge presented.
Nutrient insufficiencies may lead to sluggish or reduced immune response. Our Immune Maintenance Protocol includes vitamins and minerals needed to nourish the effectiveness of both vital pathways of the immune response. Probiotics aid in assimilating nutrients and promoting effective gut barrier protection.
The Big One® Plus
1 capsule daily with a meal or as directed by a healthcare professional
This daily multivitamin is a go-to source of top immune-supportive nutrients, including vitamins C, D, and zinc. Foundational amounts of antioxidants (such as vitamins A, C, E, and selenium) reduce oxidative stress by scavenging free radicals that can cause cellular damage.
- Includes 2,000 IU of Vitamin D-3, a potent immune system modulator*
- Includes 15mg of Zinc, supporting the balanced function of both innate and adaptive elements of the immune system*
- Supplies needed nutrients for healthy immune function in a convenient one-a-day dose
BioMaintenance® Shelf Stable Probiotic
1 capsule per day with a meal or as directed by a healthcare professional
Probiotics encourage optimal GI well-being, supporting balanced immune function. A high potency blend of 12 strains offers diversity and beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract which interact and communicate with immune cells, intestinal cells, and neurons in the body to influence digestive health, immune health, and overall well-being.
- Supports a balanced immune response*
- Positively shifts microbial immune balance in the gut*
- Offers support during times of travel, medication use, or stress*
Vitamin C Powder
1 scoop per day or as directed by a healthcare professional
The need for additional vitamin C rises during periods of emotional, psychological or physiological stress (such as illness or infection) The functions of vitamin C in the human body are remarkably diverse, from anti-inflammatory properties to immune system support and more.
- Acts as an antioxidant*
- Nourishes the adrenal glands and helps with stress response*
- Supports normal immune function*
- Product offered additionally in capsule form
Lifestyle tip: sleep maintenance
No matter how well you may manage your daily health routine, there is no substitute for poor quality or lack of sleep. Cytokines, our immune system mediators, are produced and released during sleep. Establishing a sleep hygiene routine should be a part of your immune maintenance protocol. This includes setting and staying within a sleep/wake schedule, reducing exposure to blue light in the evenings, and setting the bedroom at a cooler temperature.
DisclaimerView template in-app
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.