Three products to maximize a calm, relaxed sense of being and restful sleep under stress.
While occasional stress can aid in the body’s optimal function, chronic stress is never healthy. Worrying, losing focus, disrupted sleep, and tight muscles often follow. Luckily, there are many healthy ways to address stress and its symptoms.
The calming neurotransmitter, GABA, naturally helps to balance our excitatory neurotransmitters. Adding supplementary GABA and GABA-supportive botanicals such as passionflower and lemon balm can promote a sense of calm.
Magnesium promotes both mental and physical relaxation. Modern diets often lack sufficient magnesium and studies have linked low magnesium with an increased risk of anxiety.
Glycine is an amino acid that also functions as a calming neurotransmitter. It supports restful sleep without interfering with the integrity of the sleep cycle, a problem associated with some sedative substances.
Melatonin is our sleep-signaling molecule, while cortisol signals waking. When cortisol levels are elevated over an extended period, supplementary melatonin can help to balance overactive wake signals, supporting the natural onset of sleepiness before bed.
Long-term cortisol disruption has other negative impacts on the body, from blood sugar imbalance to digestive and cardiovascular issues. Phosphatidylserine is a natural substance that can help modulate the cortisol response.
Anxiety Control Plus
2 capsules a day when needed to support calm
Our most robust GABA support product, Anxiety Control Plus combines lemon balm and passionflower with a nutrient blend that includes both GABA and L-glutamine in support of the soothing GABA pathway. Use during the day in times of stress to promote a relaxed sense of being and mitigate feelings of nervousness and worry.
- Calms and relaxes the mind*
- Provides botanicals and nutrients in support of the GABA pathway*
1 scoop dissolved in water about 30 minutes before bed
When our sleep at night is inadequate, our daytime mood, focus, and performance can suffer. R.E.M. Maintenance™ provides melatonin and 5-HTP to encourage the onset of sleep. The amino acid glycine enhances sleep quality and lowers body temperature, which may help to sustain sleep, while the minerals potassium and magnesium aid muscle relaxation.
- Enhances sleep onset and promotes restful sleep*
- Supports normal muscle relaxation*
2 softgels taken 30 minutes before bed
Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid critical to maintaining normal cell membrane function. It is particularly important in the brain where it plays an important role in neuronal health and cell-to-cell communication. It plays a role in stress resiliency by modulating the cortisol response.
- Modulates stress response and aids sleep by supporting normal cortisol levels*
- Supports healthy cognitive function and memory*
Lifestyle tip: exercise
Exercise is your best friend when it comes to flushing out the stress chemicals running rampant in your body. While a calming practice, such as yoga, may seem like an obvious choice, most people actually find greater stress release from more vigorous exercise. Step up your normal routine. If you usually walk, try adding speed and elevation, or try something new like kickboxing. If you are worried about the time commitment, check out HIIT (high-intensity interval training) workouts and other short but intense workouts that can provide a lot of vigorous exercise in as little as 5-7 minutes. Always check with your physician before adding or ramping up an exercise regimen.
DisclaimerView template in-app
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.