Modern life means constant exposure to environmental stresses and toxins. In addition, metabolic toxins, normal byproducts of metabolism, must also be eliminated from the body. The liver is the main organ to manage exposures by neutralizing potential toxins, but there are many other elegant mechanisms for eliminating toxins, such as in the digestive tract. The best way to ensure proper detoxification is to provide the body with essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
Lifestyle tips for detoxification:
- Choose cleaning products that are free of volatile organic compounds
- Choose organic produce when possible
- Choose wood, tiles, or other alternatives for flooring instead of carpet
- Cook foods at lower temperatures; avoid charring
- Limit intake of processed foods
- Use bisphenol A (BPA)-free or phthalate-free plastic containers; avoid warming food in plastic
- Wash fruits and vegetables before consuming or remove the peel
Take 1 capsule, one to three times daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
The liver is responsible for processing vitamins and nutrients from your food into forms that can be used by your body, recycling compounds (such as iron) from red blood cells, synthesizing plasma proteins, producing important hormones, secreting bile, and converting sugars into glycogen. The liver is also responsible for the body’s natural detoxification processes, so supporting liver health is key to whole-body health.
Milk thistle is the most well-researched plant for liver health. Silymarin is the major active compound from milk thistle extract (Silybum marianum) and offers powerful antioxidant support for the liver. Our Silymarin is formulated with the same ingredients used in clinical studies to help support healthy liver function.
Our formula also contains a citrus complex from the peel and fruit of bitter orange rich in bioactive flavonoids. Flavonoids are polyphenol compounds that inhibit oxidative stress to promote a healthy liver.
- Promotes a healthy inflammatory response
- Provides powerful antioxidant support
- Supports healthy liver function
Calcium D-glucarate 200mg
Take 1 capsule daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
Calcium D-glucarate is the calcium salt of D-glucarate, a compound made in the body through the oxidation of glucose. D-glucarate is also found naturally in grapefruit, apples, oranges, and cruciferous vegetables. (1)(2) D-glucarate can be converted into another compound that helps the body clear various toxins through a detoxification process called glucuronidation.
This active D-glucarate metabolite works by inhibiting an enzyme that reverses glucuronidation. By supporting effective detoxification, D-glucarate helps maintain optimal hormone levels and promote clearance of estrogen. (1)(2)(3) It also encourages a healthy inflammatory response and offers antioxidant protection. (4)(5)(6)
Calcium D-glucarate has been shown to support normal cell division in laboratory studies. (7)(8)(9) In addition, D-glucarate has been found to help maintain already healthy levels of cholesterol and other lipids. (2)
Calcium D-glucarate benefits:
- Helps maintain already-healthy cholesterol levels
- Promotes a healthy inflammatory response
- Promotes normal cell division
- Provides healthy detoxification support
- Supports the body’s cleaning system
Take one capsule, three times daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
It has been estimated that the DNA in each cell of the body experiences tens of thousands of oxidative hits per day. (10) We are exposed to substances and environmental toxins every day. Beyond cigarette smoke and diesel particles, even foods exposed to high temperatures, like fried foods, burgers, and bacon, can have an undesirable effect. Chlorophyllin extract helps support and protect healthy DNA from these potential toxins.
Chlorophyllin is a compound derived from a green pigment found in plants known as chlorophyll. It has been shown to have DNA-protective and antioxidant properties, helping inhibit the bonding of chemicals to pieces of DNA. (11)(12) Chlorophyllin also quenches major oxygen free radicals and supports mitochondrial health. (13)(14)(15)(16)
Chlorophyllin supports whole-body health by inhibiting foreign chemicals from bonding with your DNA.
- Helps inhibit bonding of foreign chemicals to DNA
- Provides antioxidant protection by quenching free radicals
- Supports mitochondrial health
Adults age 21 and over, take 1 capsule with each alcoholic beverage, up to five capsules per day, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner
Anti-Alcohol Complex provides a broad spectrum of nutrients designed to combat free radicals, neutralize alcohol metabolites such as acetaldehyde and support healthy liver function.
In addition to vitamin B1, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium, zinc, benfotiamine, glutathione and N-acetyl-L-cysteine that protect cells from oxidative stress, this specialized formulation provides potent doses of these plant-based nutrients:
- Chlorophyllin, an agent that, in preclinical studies, was shown to protect the integrity of DNA. (17)(18)
- Leucoselect® (grapeseed extract), silymarin (milk thistle extract), and trans-resveratrol are three compounds that can help protect the liver from oxidative stress and promote healthy liver function by aiding in neutralizing potentially harmful xenobiotics. (19)(20)(21)(22)(23)(24)(25)(26)(27)(28)(29)
- Clovinol® clove extract promotes the body’s natural, healthy detoxification process, offsets oxidative stress, and encourages a healthy inflammatory response. (30)(31)
Our formula promotes healthy liver function by combining vitamins with potent nutrients to help inhibit oxidative stress.
Anti-Alcohol Complex benefits:
- Potent nutrients protect against alcohol metabolites
- Powerful antioxidants protect cells
- Promotes healthy detoxification
- Supports optimal liver function
This product does not prevent or reduce the mental impairment effects alcohol induces. Do not drink and attempt to drive or operate equipment or heavy machinery. Consult your healthcare provider before use if you are taking medication.
Clovinol® is a registered trademark of Akay USA LLC.
Leucoselect® is a registered trademark of Indena S.p.A.
DisclaimerView template in-app
- Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2008; 62:451-62.
- Altern Med Rev. 2002;7(4):336-9.
- Cancer Detect Prev. 1997;21(2):178-90.
- Oncol Lett. 2011;2(1):145-154.
- J Physiol Biochem. 2011;67(2):175-83.
- Platelets. 2010;21(8):632-40.
- Anticancer Res. 2010;30(3):843-9.
- J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2007;26(1):63-73.
- Biomed Environ Sci. 2003;16(1):9-16.
- ACS Symp Ser Am Chem Soc. 2009; 2009:147-156.
- Nutr Cancer. 2015;67(2):203-11.
- Mutat Res. 1994;318(3):239-47.
- Food Technol Biotechnol. 2014;52(4):505-510.
- Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi. 2012;51(6):466-70.
- Toxicology. 2000;155(1-3):63-71.
- Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1487(2-3):113-27.
- Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1487(2-3):113-27.
- Cancer Lett. 1996;107(2):223-8.
- J Clin Pharm Ther. 1998;23(5):385-9.
- Br J Nutr. 2015;114(5):796-803.
- Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2012;5(7):952-62.
- Phytotherapy Research. 2010;24(10):1423-1432.
- Phytomedicine. 2009;16(5):391-400.
- Antioxidants (Basel). 2015;4(1):204-47.
- World J Hepatol. 2014;6(3):144-9.
- World J Gastroenterol. 2011;17(18):2288-301.
- Molecules. 2017;22(2):E191.
- Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96(49):e9061.
- Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:617202.
- Food Funct. 2015;6(10):3373-82.
- J Med Food. 2018;21(11):1188-1196.
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.