This protocol is produced by TallGrass Natural Health. TallGrass Natural Health is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Mega Food, Host Defense, Renew Life, and Botanica.
2 capsules daily
Chaga has an affinity for epithelial tissue, providing anti-inflammatory and maximum antioxidant support for gut repair. Host Defense’s use of Chaga mycelium, as opposed to the indigestible sclerotia, allows for nutrients to be provided in a fully bioavailable form.
Chaga is a powerful antioxidant that has protective activity for our DNA. It has an affinity for epithelial tissue and exerts a balancing impact on immune functioning in epithelial tissue, including intestinal mucous membranes. There is some interesting preliminary research on Chaga’s activity as a prebiotic.
MyCommunity Capsules or Liquid Extract
2 capsules daily or 1 mL 2 times daily
A blend of 17 potent mushroom species provides a comprehensive immune and microbiome support formula.
Reishi positively supports the fermentation of both Bifidobacteria and lactobacillus species significantly while inhibiting the proliferation of potentially harmful Salmonella species.1 Reishi polysaccharides are also able to ‘not only reverse high fat diet-induced gut dysbiosis but also maintain intestinal barrier integrity and reduce metabolic endotoxemia.2,3 Chaga showed a decrease in the firmicutes and an increase in the Bacteroides species.4 Lion’s mane may provide increased protection to epithelial cells, reduce oxidative processes, and increase the integrity of the intestinal lining.5 Cordyceps can remodel the intestinal microbiome to decrease pathogenic species and reduce the immune signalizing that can occur when pathogenic species established overgrow in the gut microbiome.6 Turkey tail has been tested and found to increase levels of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus species while reducing Clostridium, Staphylococcus, and Enterococcus species.7
1 scoop daily
An easy-to-mix powder formulation made with soothing herbal ingredients that support a healthy intestinal lining.
Helps to rebuild and repair the intestinal tract lining. Contains Ginger root which is known for relieving indigestion, nausea, and digestive upsets.
FibreSmart Capsules or Powder
4 capsules or 1-2 scoops daily
Designed to provide both insoluble and soluble fiber content to your diet to aid in overall digestive health and daily bowel health.
Certified organic flax seed and certified organic acacia fibre plus naturally sourced ingredients for the intestinal tract such as marshmallow root and slippery elm bark.
Organic Clear Fibre
2 level scoops daily
A specially formulated blend of Organic Clear Fibre made with 100% organic acacia fibre.
Designed to promote digestive balance and support a healthy intestinal tract. Formulated with 100% acacia fibre in colour and flavour-free powder.
DigestMore Regular Strength
1 capsule with each meal to a maximum of 3 capsules daily
Ideal for sensitive stomachs, and is a targeted formula made with a high concentration of plant-based enzymes, herbs, and amino acids to help digest foods and soothe the digestive tract. Supports a healthy intestinal lining with naturally sourced ingredients such as ginger root which helps soothe and relieve digestive upset including lack of appetite, nausea, indigestion, and flatulent colic.
Phytase and pectinase (which the body does not produce naturally), beneficial enzymes that break down phytates and phytic acid (found in legumes, grains, and seeds), allowing for maximum absorption of phytate-bound minerals like calcium and magnesium.
1 capsule with each meal to a maximum of 3 capsules daily
A comprehensive plant-derived digestive enzyme formula that contains Betaine Hydrochloride (HCl) to help digest proteins and support optimal digestion.
Reduces the discomfort caused by gas or bloating after eating specific types of food (such as proteins) or after combining certain types of foods (such as mixing proteins with carbohydrates). Supplementing with Betaine Hydrochloride may help maintain a healthy acidic pH in the stomach relieving symptoms associated with acid reflux.
Renew Life Ultimate Flora Critical Care Probiotic
1 capsule daily
A potent daily multi-strain probiotic formula that provides 50 billion active cultures in a convenient, once a day capsule. Contains 10 different strains of live bacteria, with a combination of both Lactobacillus (20 billion active cultures) and Bifidobacterium (30 billion active cultures) strains.
Source of probiotics that could promote favourable gut flora. Specialized acid-resistant vegetarian capsule helps protect live bacteria from harsh stomach acids.
One of the Fermented Botanicals
2 teaspoons, 2 times daily
A dose of a fermented Botanical (Ashwagandha, Black tea, Holy Basil, Milk Thistle, Oregano, or Turmeric and Ginger combo) to support digestive health; loaded with enzymes, B vitamins, micronutrients, and organic acids for gut repair.
Fermented herbs offer whole-body support with easy to absorb nutrients that can assist in assimilation and stomach acid production, support proper pH and intestinal villi, and act as a source of probiotics. Increased bioavailability of the fermented herb of choice makes an optimal choice for gentle tonic support in addition to a digestive aide.
Digestive Bitters Liquid Herb
1-1.5 mL before meals
Stimulates the entire process of digestion from absorption to elimination by increasing the production of hydrochloric acid, liver fluids, pancreatic function, and small intestine digestive enzymes. Helps to relieve achlorhydria, malabsorption, chronic gas, belching, indigestion, and gallbladder congestion.
By stimulating bile production, is also enhancing fat metabolism and acts as a natural aperient/laxative. Indications include achlorhydria, malabsorption, chronic gas, belching, indigestion, and gall bladder congestion. A useful adjunct for any protocol addressing food allergy or toxemia caused by dysbiosis or leaky gut.
Oregano Oil Liquid Capsule
1 capsule, 2 times daily (max 2-4 weeks)
Convenient capsules with the concentration of a liquid botanical to promote a healthy immune response. Contains naturally-extracted phenols, including Carvacrol and Thymol to support the body’s natural resistance.
Proven effective against various fungal/bacterial infections; candida albicans, staphylococcus, E. coli, campylobacter, salmonella, klebsiella, aspergillus mold, giardia, pseudomonas, and listeria. Used for respiratory, urinary tract, parasites, and MRSA infections.
Anti-parasitic Liquid Herb
3-4 mL, 3-4 times daily
Can address a wide range of intestinal parasites. Sweet Annie has been shown to be useful in treating amoebas and malaria, Bitter Quassia has been successfully used for amoebas, flagella, and protozoa, and Elecampane contains three effective antiamoebic.
Covers a wide range of intestinal parasites; Amoebas and protozoa such as Blastocystis hominis, Giardia and Entamoeba histolytica & parasitic worms. Ideal during or after travel to foreign countries, where food & water may be contaminated.
Perfect Greens – Unflavoured
1 scoop daily
A clean, organic blend of chlorella, spirulina, barley, and wheat grasses plus leafy greens to help top up and ensure that you are getting your greens.
Rich in prebiotics to support healthy bowels and helps to alkalize, detoxify, and energize. Gluten-free – but not third party tested for celiacs.
DisclaimerView template in-app
- Yamin, S., Shuhaimi, M., Arbakariya, A., Fatimah, A.B., Khalilah, A.K., Anas, O. & Yazid, A.M. (2012). Effect of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides on the growth of Bifidobacterium spp. as assessed using real-time PCR. International Food Research Journal. 19. 1199-1205
- Hasnat, M. A., Pervin, M., Cha, K. M., Kim, S. K., & Lim, B. O. (2015). Anti-inflammatory activity on mice of extract of Ganoderma lucidum grown on rice via modulation of MAPK and NF-κB pathways. Phytochemistry,114, 125–136
- Polysaccharides from two medicinal mushrooms Ganoderma lucidum and Poria cocos reveal prebiotic effects in mice. The Functional Food Center’s 22nd International Conference, Boston, MA, USA, September 22-23, 2017
- Hu, Y., Teng, C., Yu, S., Wang, X., Liang, J., Bai, X., Dong, L., Song, T., Yu, M., & Qu, J. (2017). Inonotus obliquus polysaccharide regulates gut microbiota of chronic pancreatitis in mice. AMB Express, 7(1), 39. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13568-017-0341-1
- Wong, J. Y., Abdulla, M. A., Raman, J., Phan, C. W., Kuppusamy, U. R., Golbabapour, S., & Sabaratnam, V. (2013). Gastroprotective Effects of Lion’s Mane Mushroom Hericium erinaceus (Bull.:Fr.) Pers. (Aphyllophoromycetideae) Extract against Ethanol-Induced Ulcer in Rats. Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM, 2013, 492976
- Gamage, S. , Nakayama, J. , Fuyuno, Y. and Ohga, S. (2018) The Effect of the Hot Water Extracts of the Paecilomyces hepiali and Cordyceps militaris Mycelia on the Growth of Gastrointestinal Bacteria. Advances in Microbiology, 8, 490-505
- Yu, Z. T., Liu, B., Mukherjee, P., & Newburg, D. S. (2013). Trametes versicolor extract modifies human fecal microbiota composition in vitro. Plant foods for human nutrition (Dordrecht, Netherlands), 68(2), 107–112. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11130-013-0342-4
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.