Insomnia is one of the most common symptoms raised with health providers by their patients. Several key botanicals provide safe and effective sleep support and can be used as alternatives to conventional hypnotic sleep aides which are associated with numerous, undesirable side effects.
Short Term Sleep Support
This protocol is best used for short term sleep disturbances such as for travel or short-term stress and are most helpful for aiding in falling asleep.
Take 2-3 capsules 1 hour before bed. Maximum time of use: one month
For some, falling asleep is sometimes the most troubling aspect of the sleep cycle. Sleep Formula’s all-herbal formula features extracts of herbs historically recognized to facilitate the transition from wakefulness to sleep.* Encapsulated in Gaia’s patented, readily-absorbable Liquid Phyto-Caps®, Sleep Formula works quickly to help you fall asleep with more ease.
Valerian Poppy Supreme
Take 40-60 drops of extract in a small amount of water every twenty minutes beginning one hour before bedtime (for a maximum of three doses). Maximum time of use: one month
A unique synergistic blend created to establish a sense of calm in the body.* This product contains Valerian Root, Skullcap and California Poppy, all of which are Certified Organic and grown on the Gaia Herbs Farm.
Long Term Sleep Support
HPA Axis: Sleep Cycle
Take 2 capsules daily in the evening after dinner, or as directed by your health care provider. Best results obtained with long-term use
A complementary product to our HPA Axis product line, this product nourishes the adrenals as you rest and helps maintain the body’s systems that support a healthy response to stress.*
Support for falling asleep:
Sleep and Relax
Take 2 capsules 2 hours before bed
At the end of a busy day, our minds and bodies are often not ready for rest. This formula, a blend of organic herbs traditionally recognized to support tranquil sleep, promotes a healthy sleep cycle by calming tension and helping the mind unwind.* Made with traditional calming herbs including lemon balm, passionflower, and lavender.
Support for staying asleep:
Take 2 capsules 30 minutes before bed
Getting a complete night’s sleep is essential to overall health. This formula promotes restorative sleep all night long, allowing you to feel refreshed upon waking. Made with a unique blend of herbs that supports restful sleep and healthy adrenal function.*
Note on Kava: As our label warning states, kava should not be used longer than one month and should not be combined with medications or alcohol. The amount of kava in these formulas is very small, however given the history of kava associated with liver damage (possibly related to improper non-noble variety and plant part used, combination with medications and alcohol, presence of mold/aflatoxins), caution is recommended for protection of the patient and practitioner. Gaia only uses the root plant part of noble varieties of kava sourced directly from farmers on Vanuatu and in whole form for correct identification and freshness, has an internal specification for validation of the noble varieties, and tests all raw material for mold, yeast, bacteria, and aflatoxins.*
DisclaimerView template in-app
Fullscript content philosophy
At Fullscript, we are committed to curating accurate, and reliable educational content for practitioners and patients alike. Our educational offerings cover a broad range of topics related to integrative medicine, such as supplement ingredients, diet, lifestyle, and health conditions.
Medically reviewed by expert practitioners and our internal Integrative Medical Advisory team, all Fullscript content adheres to the following guidelines:
- In order to provide unbiased and transparent education, information is based on a research review and obtained from trustworthy sources, such as peer-reviewed articles and government websites. All medical statements are linked to the original reference and all sources of information are disclosed within the article.
- Information about supplements is always based on ingredients. No specific products are mentioned or promoted within educational content.
- A strict policy against plagiarism is maintained; all our content is unique, curated by our team of writers and editors at Fullscript. Attribution to individual writers and editors is clearly stated in each article.
- Resources for patients are intended to be educational and do not replace the relationship between health practitioners and patients. In all content, we clearly recommend that readers refer back to their healthcare practitioners for all health-related questions.
- All content is updated on a regular basis to account for new research and industry trends, and the last update date is listed at the top of every article.
- Potential conflicts of interest are clearly disclosed.