Pleo Muc Eye Drops
1 drop twice daily in the affected eye(s). Apply a drop to the outer corner of the eye, allowing it to wash over the whole eye surface. To avoid contamination, do not touch the container tip to any surface. Preservative-free. Safe to use with contact lenses and long term.
Pleo Muc Eye Drops is an ophthalmic demulcent (lubricant) for relief of dry, irritated eyes, and to improve the metabolism and nutrition of the eye tissue. It also works to alleviate irritated eyes from allergy symptoms, including burning, stinging, itching, and discomfort.
Tear production is essential for healthy eyes, while the reduced ability to clear tear film across the eye (ocular surface) can lead to irritation, inflammation, and dry eye disease. (1)(2) Sodium chloride 0.9% (saline) is used to cleanse the eyes, flush out foreign particles, and relieve irritation due to pollen, air pollutants (smog), and chlorine from chlorinated water. (3)(4) The isopathic ingredient, Mucor racemosus Fresen, is used to regulate the metabolism of the eyeball by improving blood flow (vascularisation) and enhancing nutrition to the eyeball. (5)
Clinical research using Pleo Muc Eye Drops (Mucokehl) has demonstrated good therapeutic results in cases of tired, strained eyes, dry eye syndrome, visual acuity, and peripheral vision, and in eye diseases such as conjunctivitis and cataracts. (5)(6)(7)
1 capsule once per day. Consult a healthcare professional for use beyond one month.
Astaxanthin is a naturally occurring carotenoid (from the microalgae Haematococcus pluvialis), providing superior antioxidant benefits to sharpen vision and reduce eye strain and/or fatigue. It works to support overall eye health by decreasing inflammation, increasing capillary blood flow, neutralizing free radicals, and reducing oxidative stress.
Astaxanthin helps relieve digital eye strain and computer vision syndrome. It promotes healthy eye aging with increased nourishing blood flow to the retina and antioxidant protection to protect lens clarity.
Astaxanthin eye health benefits:
- Decrease visual stress and tension of the ciliary eye muscles (8)(9)(11)
- Improve accommodation, responsiveness, focal range, and depth perception (9)(10)(13)
- Increase ocular blood flow to the retina and eye (14)(15)
- Reduce and prevent eye strain and eye fatigue (8)(10)(12)
- Relieve digital eye strain & computer vision syndrome (fatigued, blurry, itchy, strained, tired eyes) (9)(11)
- Sharpen vision and refocus tired eyes (8)(9)(11)(13)
DisclaimerView protocol in-app
- Rolando, M., Zierhut, M., The Ocular Surface and Tear Film and Their Dysfunction in Dry Eye Disease. Surv Ophthalmol. 2001 Mar;45 Suppl 2:S203-10.
- Prabhasawat, P., Tseng, S.C. Frequent Association of Delayed Tear Clearance in Ocular Irritation. Br J Ophthalmol. 1998 Jun;82(6):666-75.
- Barabino, S., Rolando, M., Camicione, P., Chen, W., Calabria, G. Effects of a 0.9% Sodium Chloride Opthalamic Solution on the Ocular Surface of Symptomatic Contact Lens Wearers. Can J Ophthalmol. 2005 Feb;40(1):45-50.
- Adamek, B., Samochowiec, L., Wojcicki, J. The Treatment of Senile Cataract using Mucokehl Eye Drops: Results of a Trial Carried Out in an Eye Hospital (First Eye Clinic of the Academy of Medicine, Szczecin, Poland). Semmelweis-Institut GmbH, Verlag fur Naturheilkunde, Hoya, Germany.
- Heidl, R. Statistical Evaluation of an Observational Study of the Use of Mucokehl 5X Eye Drops (a Homeopathic Remedy) by Patients with Cataracts and Conjunctivitis. Semmelweis-Institut GmbH, Verlag fur Naturheilkunde, Hoya Germany.
- Isopathic/Homeopathic Materia Medica. Mucokehl 5x Eye Drops, Liquid Dilution for the Eyes. Semmelweis-Institut GmbH, Verlag fur Naturheilkunde, Hoya, Germany. 2012.
- Nagaki Y, Hayasaka S, Yamada T, Hayasaka Y, Sanada M, Uonomi T. Effects of Astaxanthin on Accommodation, Critical Flicker Fusions, and Pattern Evoked Potential in Visual Display Terminal Workers. J. Trad. Med., 2002;19(5):170-173.
- Shiratori K, Ohgami K, Nitta T, et al. Effect of Astaxanthin on Accommodation and Asthenopia – Efficacy Identification Study in Healthy Volunteers. J. Clin. Therap. Med., 2005;21(5):543-556.
- Sawaki K, Yoshigi H, Aoki K, Koikawa N, Azumane A, Kaneko K, Yamaguchi M. Sports Performance Benefits from Taking Natural Astaxanthin Characterized by Visual Activity and Muscle Fatigue Improvements in Humans. J. Clin. Ther. Med., 2002;18(9):73-88.
- Nagaki Y, Mihara M, Tsukuhara H, Ohno S. The Supplementation Effect of Astaxanthin on Accommodation and Asthenopia. J. Clin. Therap. Med., 2006;22(1):41-54.
- Takahashi N, Kajita M. Effects of Astaxanthin on Accommodative Recovery. J. Clin. Therap. Med., 2005;21(4):431-436.
- Kajita M, Tsukahara H, Kato M. The Effects of a Dietary Supplement Containing Astaxanthin on the Accommodation Function of the Eye in Middle-aged and Older People. Medical Consultation & New Remedies, 2009;46(3).
- Nagaki Y, Miharu M, Jiro T, Akitoshi K, Yoshiharu H, Yuri S, Hiroki T. The Effects of Astaxanthin on Retinal Capillary Blood Flow in Normal Volunteers. J. Clin. Therap. Med., 2005;21(5):537-542.
- Saito M, et al. Astaxanthin Increases Choroidal Blood Flow Velocity. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012;250:239-45