2 capsules, three times daily. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.
Neuraplex is a traditional European herbal formula used to improve mood and mental well-being. The herbs have a calming and regulating effect on the mind and the autonomic nervous system (ANS), leading to healthier mental and physical balance. The herbs found in Neuraplex are clinically proven to promote a balanced and healthy mood during times of nervous agitation, low mood, and insomnia. The herbs are also among the most extensively researched and documented in terms of their effectiveness for increasing stress tolerance in mild depression, anxiety, sleep issues, nervousness, and restlessness. (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)
The herbs in Neuraplex are traditionally used in herbal medicine to:
- Calm, relax, and nourish the nervous system (3)(5)
- Enhance mood when experiencing mild depression and anxiety (1)(2)(3)(5)(7)
- Promote healthy mood balance (1)(2)
- Relieve restlessness and nervousness (3)(4)
- Promote relaxation in times of mental stress & low moods (3)(4)(6)
Key features include: enhanced mood and mental well-being, improve sleep, provide relief from nervousness and restlessness, and calm the nervous system
1 capsule once daily. Safe for long-term use.
B-Complex provides an optimal blend of the eight essential B vitamins and supporting lipotropic factors. Research shows that supplementing with a complex of essential B vitamins improves stress, brain health, and overall mood. (8)(9)(10)
- Eight essential B vitamins: 50 mg each of B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, biotin as B7, folate as B9, B12
- Lipotropic factors: choline, inositol, PABA, biotin
Key features include: improved stress resilience and healthy mood support
The Fullscript Integrative Medical Advisory team has developed or collected these protocols from practitioners and supplier partners to help health care practitioners make decisions when building treatment plans. By adding this protocol to your Fullscript template library, you understand and accept that the recommendations in the protocol are for initial guidance and may not be appropriate for every patient.
- Sarris, J., Kavanagh, D.J., Kava and St. John’s Wort: Current Evidence for Use in Mood and Anxiety Disorders. J Altern Complement Med. 2009;15(8):827-36.
- Bano, S., Ara, I., Saboohi, K., Moattar, T., Chaoudhry, B. St. John’s Wort Increases Brain Serotonin Synthesis by Inhibiting Hepatic Tryptophan 2, 3 Dioxygenase Activity and its Gene Expression in Stressed Rats. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2014;27(5 Spec no):1427-35.
- Hobbs, Christopher. PhD, L.Ac. Herbal Action Categories, 2016. https://www.christopherhobbs.com/webdocs/class-handouts/keville-hobbs-2016/Herbal-Actions.pdf
- Kleber, E., Schneider, W., Schäfer, H.L., Elstner, E.F. Modulation of Key Reactions of the Catecholamine Metabolism by Extracts from Eschscholtzia californica and Corydalis cava. Arzneimittelforschung. 1995 Feb;45(2):127-31.
- Elham Alramadhan, E., Hanna, M., Hanna, M.S., Goldstein, T.A., Avila, S.M., Weeks, B.S. Dietary and Botanical Anxiolytics. Med Sci Monit. 2012; 18(4): RA40–RA48.
- Schulz, H., Jobert, M., Hübner, W.D. The Quantitative EEG as a Screening Instrument to Identify Sedative Effects of Single Doses of Plant Extracts in Comparison with Diazepam. Phytomedicine. 1998 Dec;5(6):449-58.
- Barnes, J., Anderson, L.A., Phillipson, J.D. St John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum L.): A Review of its Chemistry, Pharmacology and Clinical Properties. J Pharm Pharmacol 2001 May;53(5):583-600.
- Young, L.M., Pipingas, A., White, D.J., Gauci, S., Scholey, A. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of B Vitamin Supplementation on Depressive Symptoms, Anxiety, and Stress: Effects on Healthy and ‘At-Risk’ Individuals. Nutrients. 2019 Sep; 11(9): 2232.
- Long, S.J., Benton, D. Effects of Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation on Stress, Mild Psychiatric Symptoms, and Mood in Nonclinical Samples: A Meta-Analysis. Psychosom Med. 2013;75(2):144-53.
- Kennedy, D.O. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy–A Review Nutrients. 2016 Jan 27;8(2):68.