2 capsules two times daily. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 6 weeks
Cognitive Benefits: Cogniplex contains a combination of herbs as memory and cognitive enhancers (nootropics), with the ability to increase blood flow to the brain and circulation of blood and oxygen throughout the brain. In addition, enriched neurotransmission and nerve synapsis leads to improved concentration, learning, and memory encoding. (1)
By improving cognitive function and increased neuroprotective properties, Cogniplex is an effective and natural alternative to assist with cognitive function and to enhance performance in learning and memory capability. (2)
Key Features: Assists in cognitive function(4), increases blood flow to the brain,(3) increases circulation in the brain, (4) enhances memory and learning, (1)(2)(5) age-related cognitive decline, (6) and neuroprotection. (7)
1-2 gel caps once to twice daily. Minimum 3 months
Cognitive Benefits: TocoKrill contains a combination of natural vitamin E Tocotrienols and Omega 3s, DHA, and EPA. It contains a rich source of fat-soluble antioxidant nutrients bound on phospholipids to support cognitive health and provide important neuroprotection.
Key Features: Fat-soluble antioxidant nutrient, support brain function, cognitive health, and neuroprotection. (8)(9)(10)(11)
The Fullscript Integrative Medical Advisory team has developed or collected these protocols from practitioners and supplier partners to help health care practitioners make decisions when building treatment plans. By adding this protocol to your Fullscript template library, you understand and accept that the recommendations in the protocol are for initial guidance and may not be appropriate for every patient.
- Thu, D.K., Vui, D.T., et al. The use of Huperzia species for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2019;31(3)
- Russo, A., Borrelli, F. Bacopa monnieri, a reputed nootropic plant: an overview. Phytomedicine. 2005;12(4):305-17
- McKenna DJ, Jones K, Hughes K. Botanical Medicines: The Desk Reference for Major Herbal Supplements 2nd ed. New York: Haworth Press, 2002:445-503.
- Valikovics, A. Investigation of the effect of vinpocetine on cerebral blood flow and cognitive functions. Ideggyogy. 2007;60(7-8):301-10
- Zhu, X.Z. Development of natural products as drugs acting on central nervous system. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 1991;86 Suppl 2:173-5
- Peth-Nui, T. Effects of 12-week Bacopa monnieri consumption on attention, cognitive processing, working memory, and functions of both cholinergic and monoaminergic systems in health elderly volunteers. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:606424
- Damar, U., Gersner, R., Johnstone, J.T., Schachter, S., Rotenberg, A. Huperzine A as a neuroprotective and antiepileptic drug: a review of preclinical research. Expert Rev Neurother. 2016;16(6):671-80
- Khanna, S., Roy, S., et al. Neuroprotective properties of the natural vitamin E alpha-tocotrienol. Stroke. 2005;36(10)2258-64.
- Sen, C., Khanna, S., Roy, S. Tocotrienol: the natural vitamin E to defend the nervous system? Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1031:127-42.
- Khanna., S., Roy., S., et al. Characterization of the potent neuroprotective properties of the natural vitamin E alpha-tocotrienol. J Neurochem. 2006;98(5)1474-86.
- Konagai, C., Yanagimoto, K., et al. Effects of krill oil containing n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in phospholipid form on human brain function: a randomized controlled trial in healthy elderly volunteers. Clin Intery Aging. 2013;8:1247-1257.