Recommended dosage (adult) maintenance: 1 capsule three times daily. Safe to use long term.
Recommended dosage (adult) in acute case of chest pain (in stable angina): Open 1-2 capsules and pour under the tongue.
Chest pain relief: SalvTonic contains a combination of herbs that provide multi-target protection for the heart and blood vessels by increasing blood flow and improving circulation, including microcirculation to the heart muscle.
Human studies on the three herbal combination found in SalvTonic (also known as Danshen Dripping pill) have specifically proven increased microcirculation to the heart (myocardial) tissue, thus improves symptoms associated with chest pain in cases of stable angina. (1)(2)(3)(5)
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the herbs in SalvTonic are used to invigorate blood, remove blood stasis and regulate Qi to alleviate pain in the chest due to stagnation of Qi and blood.
Key features: Increases blood flow and circulation throughout the body, increases blood flow and microcirculation to the heart muscle, improves symptoms of chest pain (stable angina), reduces total and LDL cholesterol, and increase HDL cholesterol.
DisclaimerView protocol in-app
- Li, Y., Wang, Y., Yu, Q. Compound Danshen Dripping Pills for Stable Angina: Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research 2011;5(11):2245-2251
- Jia, Y., Huang, F., Zhang, S., Leung, S. Is Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) Dripping Pill More Effective than Isosorbide Dinitrate in Treating Angina Pectoris? A Systemic Review of Randomized Controlled Trails. Int’l Journal of Cardiology. 2012;157:330-340
- Han, J., Akiba, Y., Suzuki, H., et al. Cardiotonic Pill Improves Ischemia-Reperfusion-Induced Microcirculatory Disturbances in Rat Mesentery. Dept of Internal Medicine, Keio Univ School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.
- Ma, R, Zou, D, Wang, Q, et al. Effect of Compound Danshen Dripping Pill on Carotid Arterial Intima-media in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. CJITWM. 2010;30(8).
- Bao-jing, F., Xue-zhong, Z. Effect on Compound Danshen Dripping Pills on Myocardial Microcirculation After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndrome. Chinese Journal of New Drugs. 2009;18(10):903-906
- Ma, R., Yao, Y, Liu, T., et al. Effect of Compound Danshen Dripping Pills on Urinary Albumin Excretion Rate in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Med J Chin PAPF. 2014;25(5):491-496