Luvos® Healing Earth Powder
Mix Luvos® powder with water to make a thick paste (approx. 3.5 tsp Luvos® powder to 1 tsp water)
Apply onto the affected area. Let the paste completely dry (20-30 min), then rinse off with warm water
Luvos® is a 100% pure natural mineral powder, also known in Germany as loess or ‘Healing Earth’, mined from mineral-rich glacial deposits. This ultra-fine powder has a large surface area for high absorption and binding capacity of toxins, impurities, and bacteria.
With over 100 years of clinical success being used as a medicinal clay, Luvos® powder through face masks, promotes healthy radiant skin! When Luvos® powder dries on the skin, it stimulates blood flow to the area, promotes excretion of bacteria and toxins from the pores, binds dead skin cells and excess sebum, and supplies the dermal cells with increased oxygen and nutrients. (1)(2)(3)
Skin Health Benefits:
- Oily skin and excess sebum
- Hormonal acne, acne vulgaris, pimples, pustules, cysts
- Blackheads, whiteheads
- Bacterial infections
- Inflammation (1)(2)(4)(5)(6)(7)
- Detoxification of the skin
- Absorbs and binds toxins on the skin (1)(4)
- Exfoliant and skincare (4)
- Removes dead skin, sebum clogged pores, airborne impurities
The Fullscript Integrative Medical Advisory team has developed or collected these protocols from practitioners and supplier partners to help health care practitioners make decisions when building treatment plans. By adding this protocol to your Fullscript template library, you understand and accept that the recommendations in the protocol are for initial guidance and may not be appropriate for every patient.
- Uehleke, B., Bley, M, Stange, R. Prospective ‘Distance Study’ Over the Use of Healing Earth Face-Mask on Impure Skin. Kompendium 20 Dermatologie. 2008;43.
- Meiera, L, Stangea, R., Michalsena, A., Uehlekea, B. Clay Jojoba Oil Facial Mask for Lesioned Skin and Mild Acne – Results of a Prospective, Observational Pilot Study. Forsch Komplementmed 2012;19:75–79.
- Poensin, D., Capentier, P.H., Fechoz, C., Gasparini, S. Effects of Mud Pack Treatment on Skin Microcirculation. Joint Bone Spine. 2003 Sep;70(5):367-70.
- Versatile External Applications of Luvos. Edition 2019 ©Heilerde-Gesellschaft Luvos Just GmbH & Co. KG: https://www.luvos.net/data/luvos/media/doc/Ratgeber_Englisch_komplett_200dpi.pdf
- Otto, C.C., Kilbourne, J., Haydel, S.E. Natural and Ion-Exchanged Illite Clays Reduce Bacterial Burden and Inflammation in Cutaneous Meticillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus Infections in Mice. J Med Microbiol. 2016 Jan; 65(Pt 1): 19–27.
- Carabelli A, De Bernardi di Valserra G, De Bernardi di Valserra M, Tripodi S et al.: Effect of thermal mud baths on normal, dry and seborrheic skin. Clin Ter 1998;149:271–5.
- Herrera, P, Burghardt, RC, Phillips T.D. Adsorption of Salmonella enteritidis by Cetylpyridinium-Exchanged Montmorillonite Clays. Vet Microbiol 2000;74:259–72.