- Prioritize sleep: Sleep is foundational to a healthy life and certainly to a healthy detoxification protocol. When we sleep deeply, every single cell in our body cycles and detoxifies itself.
- Hydrate regularly: Water is one of the mediums the body uses to detoxify and cleanse itself. Making sure you are drinking pure, filtered water throughout the day will go a long way in promoting healthy detoxification.
- Sweat it out: Sweat is one of the body’s best ways to remove toxic materials. Whether it’s sauna, sunshine, or exercise, make time to sweat a couple of times per week to let the body gently remove toxins that build up during normal metabolism.
- Reduce stress: Stress is the toxin of the mind and spirit, and it impacts the body just the same.
- Ditch synthetic fragrances: Environmental toxins may disrupt the endocrine system of the body. While some may be out of our control, avoiding scented products such as dryer sheets, perfumed deodorant, or detergents can prove useful in decreasing environmental exposures.
- Cut out fried foods: Fried foods, and processed foods in general, tend to have high amounts of trans fats and simply aren’t good for us, despite their taste. Anytime we heat oils, we risk increasing their oxidation which isn’t good for us. Frying foods, in particular, maximizes this risk.
- Increase fermented foods: Unlike fried foods, fermented foods are easy to digest, support our gut flora, and are loaded with antioxidant molecules that help promote overall health and wellness.
- Fixate on fiber: Fiber is another tool the body uses to pull fat-soluble toxins out of the body. It also improves hormone metabolism and helps us stay regular. The best way to increase fiber is through green leafy vegetables, but really there is no wrong way to go as long as you’re adding it to your diet.
- Cut out alcohol: Alcohol is a known toxin to the body and simply must be avoided whenever going through a detoxification protocol.
Optimized supplement plan:
1 tablespoon mixed in warm water or another warm beverage of your choice
1 capsule, twice a day or as directed by a healthcare professional
2 capsules with food per day
1 capsule, up to 3 times a day or as directed by a healthcare provider
1 capsule, twice a day or as directed by a healthcare provider
Additional enhancing support options:
Take 1 capsule before meals
Useful for those with sluggish digestion.