Statement of Commitment
Healthy Web Inc. dba Fullscript is committed to a world where health is accessible to all and which includes providing a barrier-free environment and treating all people in a way that respects their dignity and independence.
As part of this commitment, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and working to ensure that Fullscript is in compliance with the standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation concerning accessibility in a timely fashion.
The goal of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”) is to create a fully accessible Ontario by 2025, by means of identifying, and to the extent possible, preventing, and eliminating barriers experienced by persons with disabilities. Fullscript is working to meet the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility. This accessibility policy outlines the steps Fullscript is taking to meet those requirements and provide improved opportunities for people with disabilities.
For the purposes of this policy: “Disability” means:
- Any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, a brain injury, any degree of paralysis, amputation, lack of physical co‐ordination, blindness or visual impairment, deafness or hearing impairment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on a guide dog or other animal or on a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device;
- A condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability;
- A learning disability, or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language;
- A mental disorder; or
- An injury or disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the insurance plan established under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997.
- “Service Animal” means an animal accompanying a person with disabilities where it is readily apparent that the animal is used by the person for reasons relating to his or her disability or where the person provides a letter from a physician or nurse confirming that he or she requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability. This definition includes guide dogs used by the blind or visually impaired.
- “Support Person” means, in relation to a person with disabilities, another person who accompanies him or her in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care or medical needs or with access to goods and services.
3. Customer Service: Providing Goods and Services to Persons with Disabilities
- Fullscript is committed to excellence in serving all visitors and customers, including persons with disabilities, and providing goods and services of high quality and in a timely manner. Fullscript will carry out our functions and responsibilities by:
- Communicating with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- Serving persons with disabilities who use assistive devices, including ensuring that persons with disabilities who are accompanied by their guide dog or other Service Animals are permitted to enter the premises of Fullscript.
Ensuring that persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a Support Person are permitted to enter Fullscript’s premises with their Support person.
We will communicate with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their particular needs,including providing information, in an accessible format, on how to access our facility.We will work with persons with disabilities to determine the method of communication that works best for each individual.
5. Telephone Services
We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our customers. We have and will continue to train our staff to communicate with customers over the telephone using clear and plain language and speaking clearly and slowly. We offer alternative communication methods to our customers, such as email, and direct messaging chat, if telephone communication is not suitable to the customer’s communication needs or is not available.
6. Assistive Devices
Persons with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our facilities. In cases where the assistive device presents a significant and unavoidable health or safety concern or may not be permitted for other reasons, other measures will be used to ensure the person with a disability can access our goods, services or facilities.
7. Support Persons
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a Support Person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a Support Person will be allowed to enter Fullscript’s premises with his or her Support Person. At no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a Support Person be prevented from having access to his or her Support Person while on our premises.
8. Service Animals
We are committed to welcoming people with disabilities who are accompanied by a Service Animal on the parts of our premises that are open to the public and other third parties, keeping the Service Animal with them, unless excluded by law from our premises. We will also ensure that staff are properly trained in how to interact with people with disabilities who are accompanied by a Service Animal.
9. Notice of Temporary Disruption
Fullscript will notify the public in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used or accessed by persons with disabilities. We cannot provide this same guarantee in emergency temporary disruption situations, but will make every reasonable effort to provide adequate notice. This notice will include information about the anticipated duration or the disruption, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. Notice will be posted on applicable doors (eg. elevator door), or communicated by such method as is reasonable in the circumstances.
10. Training of Employees
Fullscript will train its employees and other individuals who provide services to the public on Fullscript’s behalf on the provision of its services to persons with disabilities. Training will be provided to new employees as part of Fullscript’s onboarding training. Fullscript’s onboarding training will include the following topics:
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a guide dog, service animal, or a support person;
- How to use or access the equipment or devices available on Fullscript’s premises or otherwise that may help with the provision of services to persons with disabilities; and
- What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty in accessing Fullscript’s goods and services.
Training will be provided on an ongoing basis when changes are made to Fullscript’s policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of services to persons with disabilities.
11. Feedback Process
Fullscript welcomes feedback on how we provide accessibility to our customers. Feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns. Those who wish to provide feedback on the way Fullscript’s services or facilities to people with disabilities are provided can provide feedback directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 866-807-3828.
All feedback, including complaints, will be handled promptly. Fullscript will make sure our feedback process is accessible to persons with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request.
12. Modifications to this Policy
We are committed to providing a barrier-free environment and treating all people in a way that respects their dignity and independence. Therefore, no changes will be made to this policy before considering the impact on persons with disabilities. Any Fullscript policy that does not promote the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities will be modified or removed.
13. Questions about this Policy
This policy exists to achieve service excellence to customers and other persons with disabilities. If anyone has a question about the policy, or if the purpose of a section of this policy is not understood, questions may be directed to email@example.com. This policy is available in alternate formats, upon request.
14. Requests for AODA compliance documents
Upon request, Fullscript shall provide a copy of this policy to any person. When a request for this policy is received, Fulscript will provide the document or information in a format that takes into account the requestor’s disabilities.
Our Multi-Year Plan can be referenced for details on how Fullscript is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and will ensure that we comply with the standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).