When the first decade of the new millennium passed without the expected revolution in targeted cancer therapy, some prominent voices in the cancer research community called for a shift in priorities from the costly hunt for new drugs to the task of prevention. But can we at present offer meaningful advice to our patients about how they can use herbs to lower their risk? Do we act now, or do we have to wait for absolute proof while people are dying This presentation adopts a structured approach, guided by our understanding of the process of tumorigenesis, the cancer hallmarks, including the importance of the tissue microenvironment, the cellular hallmarks of aging, and most importantly, a consideration of the relevant properties of plants in the context of these factors. The herbal strategies outlined are compatible with primary, secondary and tertiary cancer prevention. By the end of this presentation, you will have a better understanding of how to arrive at well-informed herbal strategies to tackle the important challenge of cancer prevention. In this webinar, you’ll gain:
- Familiarity with the eleven cancer hallmarks
- Understanding the ten key strategies for applying herbs in the context of cancer prevention, with three strategies elaborated in detail
- Knowledge of the relevant epidemiological studies that round out the evidence
- Understanding of the seven “perfect” herbs for cancer prevention
- Find Professor Kerry Bone’s Functional Herbal Therapy & Cancer Course here. Save $200 with code “FS200”. Access a sample of the course here.
- Prof. Kerry Bone’s answers to the questions asked at the webinar coming soon
Professor Kerry Bone BSc (Hons), Dip Phyto, FNIMH, FNHAA, MCPP, FANTA Kerry is recognized internationally as a pre-eminent herbal practitioner, scientist and academic with a reputation cemented by his significant contribution to excellence in education, research and advocacy. Kerry’s passionate commitment to product development, research, writing, education and clinical practice positions him as a pioneer in the international herbal industry. He is the founder of MediHerb®, author of six books, contributor to over 100 articles on herbal therapy to peer-reviewed journals around the world and has remained dedicated to his practice for over 35 years.